Translate My Blog To Your Language

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Heron's Path Review



Ever since a little girl, I’ve been fascinated by paths and remote roads that lead to who knows where.  I recall building secret paths in Mama’s garden using a stick.  Then, my plastic animal figurines would find their way around.  Heron’s Path by Alethea Eason, although not exactly a book about a little girl like me, reminds me somewhat of my childhood, my two lovely sisters and even the frightening river I had to cross every time we would travel to the farm in the forest. 



When I picked up Heron’s Path, by Alethea Eason, I chose it first for the beautiful cover and the title, but later it became a good reminder about the strength of the human spirit.  Heron’s Path is a beautifully written story about two sisters, Katy and Celeste and about the enchanting tales of the Nanchuti.  The current of the river, the mystery of dreams, the meaning of life and growing up all come to life through Alethea’s magnificent writing, which gently guides the reader to the end through a path of courage and love.  This lovely read is ultimately about the gift of sisterhood and the thrilling mysteries of life. 

Alethea Eason is a writer and teacher. Her latest publication is Starved, a sequel to her humorous middle grade science fiction novel, Hungry.



No comments: